Permanent employee, Full-time · Rotterdam
We are looking for a motivated Warehouse Operation Manager to join our supply chain department team in our Rotterdam office. You will be fully responsible for all in-outbound process at operational level as well as planning. You will work closely with the Warehouse team in order to streamline the flow and supervise one junior team member assigned for the in-outbound part. You will also communicate with our other departments in Rotterdam office, such as Wholesale, B2C Marketing Logistics, and Finance in order to ensure all products are received and shipped in a timely manner. Besides, you will also be responsible for communications with stakeholders abroad about shipment and customs.
The current warehouse team consists of 6 FTE, including full-time employees and interns. As the Manager in the team, you shall always lead by example and be able and willing to mentor your team for their further development. You shall work with Logistics team to define and tackle bottlenecks with proactive communication in a transparent and collaborative way. You are also encouraged to define bottlenecks within the operational department and you involve the Operation Management team to carry out and support continuous improvement programs in collaboration.
This is a full time on-site position, which offers abundant career advancement opportunities. We offer a temporary employment contract to start with, but this is a permanent position.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. You will be invited for an interview if you are further selected.
- Hands-on mentality for both managerial and operational responsibilities through operational processes within the team in collaboration with other internal stakeholders;
- Design new and optimize the existing WH process SOPs to level up the operational efficiency for both B2B and B2C business units;
- Analyse periodic warehouse costs and time and make optimization suggestions to reduce costs and increase efficiency;
- Support the Management Team in achieving short/medium/long-term goals by ensuring the development of the end-to-end operations team, processes and procedures;
- Implement improvement projects (efficiency/ performance/ cost savings) and to translate critical data into comprehensible reports;
- Work together with Human Resources for job interviews, development opportunities, performance assessments, corrective and exit conversations;
- Experience using and teaching (other team members) warehouse equipment, such as forklifts and handcarts;
- Able to use or willing to lean ERP systems such as TAPD or Salesforce.
- Responsible for crew planning of outbound and inbound shipping daily and during vacation period, to secure the accurate receipt of goods;
- Ensure a culture of safety operation within the Warehouse team and the regulatory safety policy and procedures;
- Currently located in or near the Greater Rotterdam-The Hague region .
- A completed HBO diploma in the direction of supply chain or logistics;.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar managerial position. Preferably within a 3PL environment;
- Experience or knowledge of handling dangerous goods (DG) or had DG certificate.
- Leadership and People Management characterize you. You can delegate well, set priorities, and are decisively established;
- A real team player who wants to help his or her team further develop and focus on this;
- Able to define problems, collect data, determine facts and draw good conclusions from them;
- Able to zoom out from the problem or difficult situation and to perform a helicopter view to define the systematic challenges;
- A good planner and skilled communicator, who thrives in a dynamic scale-up environment;
- Strong organizational skills and a good eye for detail;
- Good stakeholder management skills and strong sense of commitment.
- High proficiency in Microsoft suite and other EPR systems;
- Professional proficiency in English (office language) is a must; working proficiency in Dutch is a plus.
- Remuneration packages consist of monthly base salary (between EUR 4,300.- and 4,900.-), monthly commuting reimbursement and more.